Savory Pita Strips Recipe
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 pita breads (6 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and rosemary; set aside. Cut pita breads into 1-in. strips; split in half. Spritz crust side with butter-flavored cooking spray; place crust side up on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1 minute. Turn; brush with butter and sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until golden brown and crisp. Yield: 8 servings.
6 strips equals 114 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Savory Pita Strips
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.