Savory Pepper Steak Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups beef broth, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup broth, soy sauce, ginger, sugar and pepper; set aside.
- 2. In a skillet or wok over medium-high heat, brown beef and garlic in oil. Add peppers and tomatoes. Cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir the soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornstarch with the remaining broth until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 618 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Pepper Steak
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.