- 1-1/4 cups beef broth, divided
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless round steak, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup broth, soy sauce, ginger, sugar and pepper; set aside.
- In a skillet or wok over medium-high heat, brown beef and garlic in oil. Add peppers and tomatoes. Cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir the soy sauce mixture and add to pan. Cover and cook until the meat is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch with the remaining broth until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Savory Pepper Steak(3)
Sort By :
I substituted 2 onions for the tomatoes. Tasty.
I made half the recipe, so 1/8 cup of soy sauce was not as flavorful as the full amount. I omitted the sugar as that would make the sauce stick to the pan. My son hates tomatoes so they didn't appear in the finished dish.
I marinated the strips of steak in the first 5 ingredients except I used low salt soy sauce. I quartered the tomatoes since a family member didn't like tomatoes & this may it easy for her to omit the tomatoes but still received the benefits of their flavor. When I make it again, I will add quartered onions to give it an enhanced flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >