Savory Peas and Carrots
At less than 60 cents per serving, ready in 20 minutes, and prepared in one saucepan, this dish makes an ideal side. Even my husband, who doesn’t like peas, eats this dish with enthusiasm. —Marian Brown, Mississauga, Ontario
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups fresh baby carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash celery seed
- Place carrots in a small saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring
- to a boil. Cover and cook for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender
- adding the peas during the last 3 minutes of cooking; drain. Stir in
- the remaining ingredients until butter is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 124 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.