Savory Pear Tarts Recipe
Fresh pears blend with orange juice, honey and savory balsamic vinegar atop puff pastry. Garnished with cheese and crunchy glazed nuts, these are one memorable treat. —Lee Bell, Houston, Texas
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Bosc pears, halved and sliced
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Chopped glazed pecans, optional
- 1. Combine the first nine ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add pears; cook and stir for 6-8 minutes or until pears are tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, unfold puff pastry. Roll each pastry into a 10-in. square. Using a 2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out 25 circles from each square. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 7-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Spoon pear mixture over pastries; sprinkle with cheese and, if desired, pecans. Yield: 50 appetizers.
Reviews for Savory Pear Tarts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC