Savory Party Mix Recipe
Here’s a snack mix to curb any craving. The brown sugar adds sweetness to the savory onions and steak seasoning. Since it’s heated in the microwave, it’s ready in minutes.—Andrea Lane, Ocklawaha, Florida
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, nuts and onions. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and steak seasoning; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.
2/3 cup equals 298 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC