Savory Party Mix
Here’s a snack mix to curb any craving. The brown sugar adds sweetness to the savory onions and steak seasoning. Since it’s heated in the microwave, it’s ready in minutes.Andrea Lane, Ocklawaha, Florida
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, nuts and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and steak
- seasoning; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto
- waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 298 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 561 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.