Savory Party Mix Recipe
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, nuts and onions. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and steak seasoning; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.
2/3 cup: 298 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 561mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Savory Party Mix
"my daughter's favorite snack mix recipe, and we've tried many. The dried onions and steak seasoning ("sprinkle " variety, to answer question below) definitely make it unique. Just slightly sweet. A keeper."
"Is the Steak Seasoning the sprinkle or sauce variety?"