Here’s a snack mix to curb any craving. The brown sugar adds sweetness to the savory onions and steak seasoning. Since it’s heated in the microwave, it’s ready in minutes.—Andrea Lane, Ocklawaha, Florida
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals, nuts and onions. In a small bowl, combine the butter, brown sugar and steak seasoning; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes, stirring three times. Spread onto waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 quarts.
Originally published as Savory Party Mix in Country Woman December/January 2012, p62
Reviews for Savory Party Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review