Savory Party Bread
It's impossible to stop nibbling on warm pieces of this cheesy, oniony bread. The sliced loaf fans out for a fun presentation. —Kay Daly, Raleigh, North Carolina
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread widthwise into 1-in. slices to
- within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction.
- Cut cheese into 1/4-in. slices; cut slices into small pieces. Place
- cheese in cuts.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, green onions and poppy seeds; drizzle
- over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes.
- Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 481 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.