- 1 unsliced round loaf sourdough bread (1 pound)
- 1 pound Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bread widthwise into 1-in. slices to within 1/2 in. of bottom of loaf. Repeat cuts in opposite direction. Cut cheese into 1/4-in. slices; cut slices into small pieces. Place cheese in cuts.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, green onions and poppy seeds; drizzle over bread. Wrap in foil; place on a baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Unwrap; bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Savory Party Bread
Sort By :
"I made it and it was very good. But my question is the same as another one--how do you eat it. I used sourdough bread and the crust is very thick on the bottom and was very difficult to pull apart. Maybe I will try an Italian bread next . Any other suggestions??"
"Wonderful flavors. Will make again for company."
"Have to admit that I haven't made this yet, although it looks and sounds amazing...my question is, how do you serve it? Do people grab hunks off? Does it take two hands to hold-pull off a chunk? Do you slice it? Just looks messy BUT good..."
"I have used this recipe many times. It's easy, quick & there are few ingredients. It is alway difficult not to keep the whole thing to yourself after you hear that timer beep and smell the oniony goodness...yum!My personal touch: add a tsp. of garlic salt or powder!"
"Surprised my family. It not only tasted great but made me look very clever. Loved by all."