Savory Oven-Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the buttermilk, mustard, garlic and pepper sauce. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, paprika, baking powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- 3. Place chicken bone side down on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast: 355 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 153mg cholesterol, 394mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 58g protein.
Reviews for Savory Oven-Fried Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.