- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (12 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the buttermilk, mustard, garlic and pepper sauce. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Drain and discard marinade.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, paprika, baking powder, thyme, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place chicken bone side down on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Spritz chicken with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Savory Oven-Fried Chicken in Taste of Home Winning Recipes 3 2012, p145
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Savory Oven-Fried Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review