Savory Orange Salmon
Citrus sauce adds zip to the succulent salmon Roseanne Turner prepares in Denver, Indiana. “You can serve it with anything from steamed broccoli to stunning, yellow saffron rice,” she suggests.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets (1 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic
- and fennel seed in oil for 2 minutes. Sprinkle salmon with salt; add
- to skillet. Top with orange juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a
- Remove salmon and keep warm. Simmer sauce, uncovered, for 6-9 minutes
- or until slightly thickened. Spoon over fillets. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with 4 teaspoons sauce equals 249 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.