Savory Orange Dressing Recipe
This recipe was in my files for years before I finally tried it one Thanksgiving. My family loves the combination of orange and carrots.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in the stuffing cubes, carrot, orange juice, peel and the celery mixture.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 215 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 811 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC