Savory Orange Dressing
This recipe was in my files for years before I finally tried it one Thanksgiving. My family loves the combination of orange and carrots.Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
10 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In
- a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in the
- stuffing cubes, carrot, orange juice, peel and the celery mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until
- heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 215 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 811 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.