This recipe was in my files for years before I finally tried it one Thanksgiving. My family loves the combination of orange and carrots.—Dixie Terry, Goreville, Illinois
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 2-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (14 ounces) seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- In a small skillet, saute celery and onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Stir in the stuffing cubes, carrot, orange juice, peel and the celery mixture.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Savory Orange Dressing in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p125
Reviews for Savory Orange Dressing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2009
"My mother loved this. I felt it was good but not great. It wasn't 'orangey' enough for me. I doubled the orange requirement and it still tasted not so orange. I'm probably going to trpple next time."