Savory Onion Chicken Recipe
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Place 2 tablespoons flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add soup mix and remaining flour, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Gradually whisk in beer. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Savory Onion Chicken(9)
Sort By :
i loved it only i would use boneless next time
My BF and I both love this. Great taste and so easy, Others have said BLah, make sure you use Lipton onion soup (not off brand) and I used a good brand of beer (again not off brand).
He is a OTR and I will freeze a lot of the leftovers for him to take with. Does anyone know if this will freeze well??
Easy and very good. Need more be said?
This was absolutely delicious.
Yuck. 'nuf said.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >