Savory Onion Chicken
Dinner doesn't get any easier than this tasty chicken entree. Buy chicken that's already cut up to save even more time. —Julia Anderson, Ringgold, Georgia
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer or nonalcoholic beer
- Place 2 tablespoons flour in a large resealable plastic bag. Add
- chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large
- skillet, brown chicken in oil on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Add soup mix and remaining flour, stirring to loosen browned bits
- from pan. Gradually whisk in beer. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Return chicken to the pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 231 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 469 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.