- 1/2 cup egg mixture into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to
- evenly coat bottom. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until top appears
- dry; turn and cook 30-45 seconds longer or until set.
- Remove from pan and press into a 1-cup baking dish or ramekin coated
- with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining egg mixture, making three
- more omelet cups (coat skillet with cooking spray as needed).
- Sprinkle provolone cheese into cups.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain tomatoes; chop and set aside. In a
- large nonstick skillet, saute leeks and onions in oil until tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, olives and oregano; cook over medium heat 2-3
- minutes. Spoon into omelet cups. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese;
- drizzle with honey.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled omelet cup equals 246 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 764 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.