Savory Omelet Cups Recipe
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1 cup chopped leeks (white portion only)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped Greek olives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl. Cover with 1/4 cup water; let stand 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg whites, cilantro, butter, salt, pepper and remaining water.
- Heat an 8-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray; pour about 1/2 cup egg mixture into center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to evenly coat bottom. Cook for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until top appears dry; turn and cook 30-45 seconds longer or until set.
- Remove from pan and press into a 1-cup baking dish or ramekin coated with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining egg mixture, making three more omelet cups (coat skillet with cooking spray as needed). Sprinkle provolone cheese into cups.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Drain tomatoes; chop and set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute leeks and onions in oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes, olives and oregano; cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes. Spoon into omelet cups. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; drizzle with honey.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Savory Omelet Cups
Sort By :
This sound and look wonderful. If making for a larger crowd, could they be put together night before, refrigerated and just baked in the morning. I would love to try this for some overnight guests we are having.
Wonderful recipe, my family was very impressed with the presentation. I substituted monterey jack for the provolone, since I already had some on hand. I omitted the tomato/olive mixture on my children's omelet cups, but I loved it! But I think the crowning item in this recipe is the drizzle of honey. I was skeptical, but it gave this savory dish a hint of sweetness!
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Breakfast Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Breakfast Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Breakfast Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Omelet Recipes >