Savory Noodle Rice Pilaf Recipe
A combination of fine egg noodles and long grain rice makes this side dish a savory change-of-pace. Judy Barry of West Milford, New Jersey seasons the pilaf with minced garlic, fresh parsley and a little butter.
- 1/2 cup uncooked fine egg noodles, broken
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook and stir noodles in oil and butter until lightly browned. Stir in the rice and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13 minutes. Stir in parsley; cover and cook 2-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup equals 161 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Savory Noodle Rice Pilaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC