- 1/2 cup uncooked fine egg noodles, broken
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir noodles in oil and butter until lightly browned. Stir in the rice and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13 minutes. Stir in parsley; cover and cook 2-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Savory Noodle Rice Pilaf
Sort By :
"This was very good. Great alternative to Rice A Roni without all the additives. I used thin spaghetti broken into small pieces which was the only time consuming part of making this. Otherwise, very quick and easy with ingredients I always have on hand. I did up the chicken bouillon by another 1/2-1 tsp, but it probably didn't need it. A definite keeper."
"I found this receipe and wanted to make it but I didnt have egg noodles so i used spaghetti broke into small pieces. I browned it with the rice in a skillet and at the last minute thought of adding peas. It was so good. I will never buy the box rice dishes again. Thanks"
"My husband loved this Rice Pilaf!"