A combination of fine egg noodles and long grain rice makes this side dish a savory change-of-pace. Judy Barry of West Milford, New Jersey seasons the pilaf with minced garlic, fresh parsley and a little butter.
- 1/2 cup uncooked fine egg noodles, broken
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir noodles in oil and butter until lightly browned. Stir in the rice and garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Add the water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 13 minutes. Stir in parsley; cover and cook 2-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Rice Pilaf in Light & Tasty April/May 2006, p51
Reviews for Savory Noodle Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review