Savory Mushroom Tarts
When I had drop-in guests, I threw some mini tart appetizers together using mushrooms I had just bought on sale. Everyone gave them rave reviews and thought I’d spent hours cooking.
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 bacon strip, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/3 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove
- to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings.
- Saute mushrooms in oil and drippings until tender. Stir in the bacon,
- tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Fill each tart shell with a
- heaping teaspoonful of filling and 1/2 teaspoon spreadable cheese.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or
- until heated through. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
TO MAKE AHEAD: Mushroom filling can be made a day in advance. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before using and proceed as directed.