Savory Mushroom Tarts Recipe
When I had drop-in guests, I threw some mini tart appetizers together using mushrooms I had just bought on sale. Everyone gave them rave reviews and thought I’d spent hours cooking.
- 1 bacon strip, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/3 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving drippings.
- 2. Saute mushrooms in oil and drippings until tender. Stir in the bacon, tomatoes, thyme, salt and pepper. Fill each tart shell with a heaping teaspoonful of filling and 1/2 teaspoon spreadable cheese.
- 3. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Savory Mushroom Tarts
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC