Savory Mushroom Tartlets Recipe
- 48 thin slices white bread, cut into 3-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. Spread one side of bread rounds with 1/4 cup butter; place buttered side up in lightly greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- 2. In a saucepan, saute onions in the remaining butter for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute for 10-12 minutes or until mushroom liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in flour and cream until blended. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chives, parsley, lemon juice, salt and cayenne; mix well. Cool slightly.
- 3. Place bread cups on a baking sheet; fill with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 dozen.
3 each: 309 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 542mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Savory Mushroom Tartlets
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.