Savory Mushroom Tartlets Recipe
About these robust morsels, my husband likes to say, "I bet you can't eat just one they're that good!" And he's right. Folks always come back for more.
- 48 thin slices white bread, cut into 3-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, optional
- Spread one side of bread rounds with 1/4 cup butter; place buttered side up in lightly greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- In a saucepan, saute onions in the remaining butter for 3 minutes. Add mushrooms; saute for 10-12 minutes or until mushroom liquid has evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in flour and cream until blended. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chives, parsley, lemon juice, salt and cayenne; mix well. Cool slightly.
- Place bread cups on a baking sheet; fill with mushroom mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Savory Mushroom Tartlets in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p23
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Savory Mushroom Tartlets(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >