Savory Mushroom & Herb Pork Roast Recipe
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 16 fresh baby carrots
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- French-fried onions, optional
- 1. Place onions and carrots in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cut roast in half; add to slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup, broth, mushrooms, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, rosemary, marjoram and pepper; pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove pork to a serving platter; keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices; transfer to a large saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
Serve pork with gravy. Sprinkle servings with French-fried onions if desired.
Freeze option: Place individual portions of cooled meat mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork with 1/2 cup gravy (calculated without French-fried onions) equals 335 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 533 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Mushroom & Herb Pork Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.