Savory Meatballs Recipe
A neighbor shared this recipe with me at a block party back in the '60s. It's been a favorite of my family's and is easy to fix for a large group.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches in oil over medium-high heat.
- 2. Place in a 2-qt. baking dish. Combine soup and water; pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in meatballs reads 160&edg;. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3 each) equals 363 calories, 23 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC