- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups water
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches in oil over medium-high heat.
- Place in a 2-qt. baking dish. Combine soup and water; pour over meatballs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in meatballs reads 160&edg;. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Savory Meatballs(3)
Sort By :
So tasty! I used ground pork instead of beef and it worked just as nice I think. You have to try this one!
Good but need to double the ground mustard, poultry seasoning and make the meatballs smaller in size.
It seems I always have someone begging me to make meatballs. This is the recipe they want because I've made it many times. I usually serve it with noodles or mashed potatoes and sometimes rice.