- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup diced Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped dill pickle
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 14 to 16 hard rolls, split
- Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add the next eight ingredients; mix well. Add the sausage; mix well. Press into an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour; drain often. Increase temperature to 375° and bake 30 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes. Remove from pan; cover and chill overnight. Cut into 1/2-in.-thick slices. Spread rolls with mustard and top with meat loaf slices. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Originally published as Meat Loaf Sandwiches in Country Pork 1996, p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Savory Meat Loaf Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review