Savory Marinated Vegetables Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the sugar, vinegar, salt and dry mustard to a boil. Cook for 1 minute. Allow to cool. Add remaining dressing ingredients. Chill. Combine all vegetables in a large bowl; add dressing and toss. Cover and refrigerate several hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 cup: 219 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 467mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Savory Marinated Vegetables
"A terrific raw vegetable salad. My husband and 4 kids loved it. We prefer red wine vinegar to cider and I omitted the olives. It was a hit. Pouring the warm dressing over the vegetables wilts them a bit and makes them very easy to eat. We give this salad five stars."