The combination of ingredients in this salad gives it a unique tangy flavor. Perhaps that's why I get requests for the recipe whenever I serve this dish to company or bring it to a potluck dinner.
Recommended: 23 Chicken and Vegetable Recipes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a saucepan, bring the sugar, vinegar, salt and dry mustard to a boil. Cook for 1 minute. Allow to cool. Add remaining dressing ingredients. Chill. Combine all vegetables in a large bowl; add dressing and toss. Cover and refrigerate several hours, stirring occasionally. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p49
Reviews for Savory Marinated Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review