Savory Marinated Mushroom Salad Recipe
Packed with mushrooms and loads of crunchy colorful ingredients, this salad is perfect at picnics and parties. It keeps so well in the refrigerator you can easily make it ahead of time. -Sandra Johnson, Tioga, Pennsylvania
- 2-1/2 quarts water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 pounds small fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup red or white wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and lemon juice to a boil. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain; cool.
- 2. Place mushrooms in a large bowl with carrots, celery, green pepper, onion, parsley and olives. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over salad. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 142 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC