Savory Maple Bacon Muffins Recipe
These hearty muffins combine the fabulous flavors of pancakes and bacon. They're great for breakfast on the run.
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the oats, flours, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, buttermilk and syrup. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in bacon.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 21 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 134 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Maple Bacon Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC