Savory Mandarin Orange Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken leg quarters
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder, ground ginger and chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked long grain rice
- 1. Place chicken in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking pan lined with heavy-duty foil. In a small bowl, whisk the salad dressing, soy sauce, bouillon, garlic powder, ginger and chili powder. Brush over chicken. Sprinkle with onion.
- 2. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Pour 1/4 cup of the reserved juice around chicken. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 170°-175°. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in pan drippings and remaining reserved juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in oranges; cook 1 minute longer or until heated through. Serve over chicken and rice. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with fat-free French dressing and reduced-sodium bouillon) equals 625 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 1,377 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Reviews for Savory Mandarin Orange Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.