Savory Mandarin Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- Hot cooked rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in teriyaki sauce, apple juice, oil and garlic. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Add juice to the teriyaki mixture; pour over chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Baste chicken with sauce. Cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice. Garnish with onions and oranges. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (calculated without rice) equals 245 calories, 5 g fat (0 saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 425 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 0.5 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Savory Mandarin Chicken
"This is delicious, quick and easy. I used chicken thighs & orange juice since it was what I had on hand, and I reduced the teriyaki to 1/4 cup to accomodate my children's tastes. I will definitely make this one again. Thanks for the recipe :)."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.