"I serve this tender chicken in a sweet sauce over rice," notes Maureen Readey of Farmingdale, New York. "With fresh broccoli or asparagus, it makes a special meal for company."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges
- Hot cooked rice
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place in a greased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch; stir in teriyaki sauce, apple juice, oil and garlic. Drain oranges, reserving juice; set oranges aside. Add juice to the teriyaki mixture; pour over chicken. Cover and microwave on high for 6 minutes. Baste chicken with sauce. Cover and cook 2-4 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve over rice. Garnish with onions and oranges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mandarin Chicken in Quick Cooking July/August 2000, p51
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Savory Mandarin Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review