Savory Lemonade Chicken
"I don't know where this recipe originally came from, but my mother used to prepare it for our family when I was little, and now I love to make it," says Jenny Cook from Eau Claire, Wisconsin. A sweet and tangy sauce nicely coats chicken that's ready to serve in just a few hours.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the
- lemonade concentrate, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar; pour over
- chicken. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until chicken is
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until
- smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high
- for 30 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the slow
- cooker; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce equals 208 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit.