Savory Lemonade Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1. Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the lemonade concentrate, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 2-1/2 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Remove chicken and keep warm. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the slow cooker; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 208 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, trace fiber), 23g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fruit
Reviews for Savory Lemonade Chicken
"We thought this chicken was really good. My kids loved the sauce."
"Tangy bitter almost sour from lemonade... not a fan and ordering pizza as we speak >:("
"This is sooo good! I cooked it just as the recipe indicated and the chicken was perfect. Definitely a keeper!~ Theresa"
"I made this in my 5.5 quart crockpot and set it at high (it states 4 hrs on my crockpot high setting) It only took about 2 or 2.5 hrs. My OTHER 4qt crock only has hi, med and warm and for it I set it on high for the same time. It is good and tastes like sweet and sour chicken. Adults liked it and kids did not."
"I love this recipe-it is so quick and easy and the chicken is so moist. It is made very often at my house!"
"I really liked this chicken. I ended up cooking it for about 4 1/2 or 5 hours. I agreed with the other comments that 2 1/2 hours just didn't seem like long enough. I served it over rice with steamed broccoli on the side."
"Made this receipe Lemonade Chicken.. it was wonderful andvery moist. it cooked for 41/2 hours... i would make it again .... Jennifer.Svensson"
"I have not made this recipe, but I have a slow cooker and it typically cooks chicken through in a couple of hours. However, if using a crockpot, it takes much longer."
"I too am a little baffled by the low cooking time. Is this correct?"
"Does it really only need to cook for 2 1/2 hours, on low??? Doesn't seem like enough."
"I made this for dinner the other night, it was really tasty!!! The sauce tastes very similar to sweet and sour sauce you would find in a chinese restaurant. It will definitely be a repeated recipe in this household :)"
"My family loves this recipe. The chicken comes out very moist and delicious."