Savory Leek Soup
There's no mistaking that savory is the main herb seasoning this rich and creamy soup.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute leeks and chives in butter until tender.
- Add the broth, potatoes and savory; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Process in batches in a blender until smooth; return to pan. Stir in
- the cream, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 250 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 632 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.