Savory Leek Soup Recipe
- 4 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute leeks and chives in butter until tender. Add the broth, potatoes and savory; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- 2. Process in batches in a blender until smooth; return to pan. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 250 calories, 18g fat (12g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Savory Leek Soup
"To make it healthy I cut the butter down to just enough to saute the leeks and use fat free half & half."