- 4 medium leeks (white portion only), chopped
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh savory or 2 teaspoons dried savory
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, saute leeks and chives in butter until tender. Add the broth, potatoes and savory; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Process in batches in a blender until smooth; return to pan. Stir in the cream, salt and pepper; heat through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Savory Leek Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p151
Reviews for Savory Leek Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2010
To make it healthy I cut the butter down to just enough to saute the leeks and use fat free half & half.