Savory Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- 3 pounds Italian sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- 2. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
1 each: 230 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 829mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Savory Italian Sausage and Peppers
"This was surprisingly flavorful. My husband and I really enjoyed. I will be making it again."
"Fast and easy and yummy!"
"We served it over spaghetti, added a red pepper, and it was soooooo good!!"
"I have made this using hot Italian Sausage and it is a hit every time....delicious!!"
"This is so tasty. Really loved this quick and easy recipe."
"Yum!! We loved it. I used the sweet italian sausage."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.