Savory Italian Sausage and Peppers Recipe
- 3 pounds Italian sausage links, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 medium green peppers, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a Dutch oven, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring, occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Savory Italian Sausage and Peppers(3)
Sort By :
I have made this using hot Italian Sausage and it is a hit every time....delicious!!
This is so tasty. Really loved this quick and easy recipe.
Yum!! We loved it. I used the sweet italian sausage.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Sausage Dinner Recipes >