A friend gave me the recipe for these cheesy golden round years ago. She said her dad used to make them for her when she was little. Because they're a snap to put together, I frequently fix them for my family during the week...and for company on the weekends. -Donna Ebert, Jackson, Wisconsin
Recommended: 55 Snacks for Your March Madness Party
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash onion salt
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Separate biscuits and place on two ungreased baking sheets. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Flatten biscuits into 4-in. circles. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over each circle to within 1/2 in. of edge.
- Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Savory Italian Rounds in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p27
Reviews for Savory Italian Rounds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2014
"MGoodness, making these again today to go along with Bow Tie Ham bake. K."
Reviewed May. 16, 2009
"Nice upgrade from plain refrigerated biscuits. I will, however, cut back a little on the Parmesan next time."