Savory Italian Rounds Recipe
A friend gave me the recipe for these cheesy golden round years ago. She said her dad used to make them for her when she was little. Because they're a snap to put together, I frequently fix them for my family during the week...and for company on the weekends. -Donna Ebert, Jackson, Wisconsin
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash onion salt
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Separate biscuits and place on two ungreased baking sheets. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Flatten biscuits into 4-in. circles. Spread about 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture over each circle to within 1/2 in. of edge.
- Bake at 400° for 10-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Savory Italian Rounds in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p27
Reviews for Savory Italian Rounds
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 16, 2014
"MGoodness, making these again today to go along with Bow Tie Ham Bake. K."
Reviewed May. 16, 2009
"Nice upgrade from plain refrigerated biscuits. I will, however, cut back a little on the Parmesan next time."