Savory Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
Before leaving for work, Carol Allen of McLeansboro, Illinois often puts these ingredients in the slow cooker. "Supper is ready when I get home," she notes. "This recipe is also good to take to a potluck or family get-together."
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 10 to 12 Italian rolls or sandwich buns
- 1. Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the basil, oregano and water; pour over roast. Sprinkle with soup mix.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred with two forks and keep warm. Strain broth and skim fat. Serve meat on rolls; use broth for dipping if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 321 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC