- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 10 to 12 Italian rolls or sandwich buns
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the basil, oregano and water; pour over roast. Sprinkle with soup mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred with two forks and keep warm. Strain broth and skim fat. Serve meat on rolls; use broth for dipping if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Savory Italian Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
"There were no leftovers in our family wish this dish! Everyone loved these! The only thing I altered was the broth. I didn't think the recipe called so enough liquid so I added a cup of beef stock."
"This is my sons favorite! I've made it so many times I can't count."
"It was very good the only thing I changed was I used a beef broth in place of the water."
"This is very similar to how I make my roast w/ carrots and potatoes. I also add a whole onion and use 2 or 3 bay leaves instead of the basil and oregano. Tastes great!"
"this was very good my Husband said the he wants me to make this again soon !"