Savory Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 10 to 12 Italian rolls or sandwich buns
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the basil, oregano and water; pour over roast. Sprinkle with soup mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred with two forks and keep warm. Strain broth and skim fat. Serve meat on rolls; use broth for dipping if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Savory Italian Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
This is my sons favorite! I've made it so many times I can't count.
It was very good the only thing I changed was I used a beef broth in place of the water.
This is very similar to how I make my roast w/ carrots and potatoes. I also add a whole onion and use 2 or 3 bay leaves instead of the basil and oregano. Tastes great!
this was very good my Husband said the he wants me to make this again soon !
I've got my own version of these in the crock pot right now.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Slow Cooker Beef Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >