- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 10 to 12 Italian rolls or sandwich buns
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine the basil, oregano and water; pour over roast. Sprinkle with soup mix.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Remove meat; shred with two forks and keep warm. Strain broth and skim fat. Serve meat on rolls; use broth for dipping if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Savory Italian Beef Sandwiches
Sort By :
"This is my sons favorite! I've made it so many times I can't count."
"It was very good the only thing I changed was I used a beef broth in place of the water."
"This is very similar to how I make my roast w/ carrots and potatoes. I also add a whole onion and use 2 or 3 bay leaves instead of the basil and oregano. Tastes great!"
"this was very good my Husband said the he wants me to make this again soon !"
"I've got my own version of these in the crock pot right now."