Savory Herb Rice Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Savory Herb Rice
Sort By :
"Contrary to the others, my family and I love this rice! It's so easy to throw together and very flavorful. This has become a regular, and much requested, recipe!"
"I just reviewed this and for some reason it changed my 3 stars to 5... and now it's not letting me choose 3 stars. I give it 3 stars."
"This was all right, but not great. For my family, it's not worth making again... we'd much prefer Rice-a-Roni."