"I got this recipe from the mother of one of my college roommates many years ago and filed it away," writes Suzy Mercker of Lawrenceville, Georgia. "I found it one night by accident and made it for dinner. Now it's a staple that I often serve with chicken, beef, pork...or even fish."
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken or 1/2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, butter and bouillon. Bring to a boil. Add remaining ingredients. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Savory Herb Rice in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p55
Reviews for Savory Herb Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review