Savory Herb Cheesecake Recipe
"I came across the recipe for this scrumptious appetizer while taking an herb gardening course," says Lee-Ann Hamilton, Louisburg, Kansas. "It was the hit of the buffet at our 'End of Class' party.
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 2 to 4 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons each chopped sweet red, yellow and orange pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced chives
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream and soup; beat until smooth. Add egg substitute; beat on low just until combined. Add the Romano cheese, basil, thyme, cornstarch, tarragon, garlic and pepper; beat just until blended.
- 2. Pour into a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Turn oven off; leave cheesecake in oven with door ajar for 30 minutes.
- 3. Remove from oven. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, spread with remaining sour cream. Garnish with chopped peppers and chives. Serve with crackers or fresh vegetables. Yield: 24 servings.
1/4 cup: 145 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Savory Herb Cheesecake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC