- 3 cups oyster crackers, crushed
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Set aside 1/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto the bottom and 2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined (mixture will be thick). Add the ham, Swiss cheese, chives, basil, salt and pepper; beat just until combined. Pour into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 60-70 minutes or until filling is almost set. Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in oven with door ajar for 30 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Serve chilled or at room temperature with crackers. Yield: 24-30 servings.
Originally published as Savory Ham Cheesecake in Taste of Home December/January 2006, p29
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Savory Ham Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2012
"I made this for a party and it got rave reviews. Many recipe requests. Easy to make."
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2011
"I made this as part of our thanksgiving meal and everyone loved it!"