Savory Grilled Turkey Recipe
- 1 turkey (12 pounds)
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1. Remove giblets from turkey (discard or save for another use). Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
- 2. Place turkey over drip pan; grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside 2/3 cup for serving.
- 4. Grill turkey 1-2 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
8 ounces cooked turkey with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 670 calories, 40 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 285 mg cholesterol, 515 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 72 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer