- 1 turkey (12 pounds)
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Remove giblets from turkey (discard or save for another use). Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place turkey over drip pan; grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside 2/3 cup for serving.
- Grill turkey 1-2 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Savory Grilled Turkey
"Made this last and my family really enjoyed this."
"I think Ms. Karen has done way too much work to grill her bird. I do mine similarly to using an electric oven: stuff bird, place in black roasting pan, baste with butter, cover with loose tent of foil, baste with drippings every 1/2 hour. Remove foil last 30 minutes of cooking & cook 'til timer pops up. My gas grill runs hot, so I use "low" temp. Yummy!"