- 1 turkey (12 pounds)
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon A.1. steak sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Louisiana-style hot sauce
- Remove giblets from turkey (discard or save for another use). Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Skewer turkey openings; tie drumsticks together.
- Place turkey over drip pan; grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Set aside 2/3 cup for serving.
- Grill turkey 1-2 hours longer or until a thermometer reads 180°, basting frequently with remaining sauce. Cover and let stand for 15 minutes before carving. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Savory Grilled Turkey
"Made this last and my family really enjoyed this."
"I think Ms. Karen has done way too much work to grill her bird. I do mine similarly to using an electric oven: stuff bird, place in black roasting pan, baste with butter, cover with loose tent of foil, baste with drippings every 1/2 hour. Remove foil last 30 minutes of cooking & cook 'til timer pops up. My gas grill runs hot, so I use "low" temp. Yummy!"
"We have grilled our turkey the last 5 years and absolutely love it! To allow for an even more juicy bird we brine the turkey at least overnight, preferably 24 hours before cooking. Always comes out tasty and perfect."
"We started grilling Turkey's In Wisconsin for the last 30 years. I wouldn't eat my turkey's any other way!!!"